Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Tarantula

I was reading a book and I thought I could share some of the facts with you.

The book I was reading

First, I'll talk about tarantulas.

Thought to be a deadly spider, tarantulas are actually harmless. However, if one of its hairs hook into your skin, it can cause allergic reactions and is very painful, so it is best to not disturb it.
Unfortunately, their bite is really painful. They are one of the LARGEST spiders, growing up to 20 cm long. They may also look scary, but they are shy and don't bite people very often. Their prickly hair falls off when touched, and hooks into skin.

I have seen a tarantula before. It was when I went to Korea. At first, I was scared. But that's when I remembered I don't have to be. So, I just moved on.

 DID YOU KNOW?
Tarantulas can live up to 30 years!
That's cool! That's pretty old for something so small.

Tarantulas live in burrows, waiting for prey to pass by.
They eat insects, small frogs, small lizards, and may even eat BIRDS
Next time you see a tarantula, slowly walk away and don't be afraid! 😄
Tarantula in Korea


Tarantula in Korea






NEXT: Mosquitoes

3 comments: