Monday, April 29, 2019

Bush snakes!

Hello! Last year, I was asked a question: 'What is your favourite animal?'
I knew that the category must be snakes, but which snake? So I researched about them. Then, on one of my trips, in Ora Beach, I came across the deadliest snake in the world; the yellow-lipped sea krait. So, that was my favourite snake, until I came across a documentary show on snakes. I was quite interested, so I continued watching. Then one day, I found the perfect snake: the bush snake.
Note: Pictures are from Google and Wikipedia.
Philothamnus_semivariegatus,_Soutpansberg,_South_Africa..JPG (4000×2248)
Philothamnus_semivariegatus03.jpg (720×405)


The spotted bush snake, or philonthamnus semivariegatus is a non venomous snake and lives in South Africa. It grows 60-70 cm long. Its normal diet is small animals such as birds and lizards. It is usually found in trees and bushes, hence the name bush snake. It is small and can squeeze in tight places, and can even squeeze into your car door! Yup, just like a mouse. I would personally rate a bush snakes danger to humans 2 out of 5 stars, because it can still bite you. It is not recommended as pets, for they easily get shy, anxious and nervous. Here is a summary of the facts I have just mentioned:


  •  Eats small animals                        
  • Comes from South Africa              
  • Lives in trees and bushes              
  • Non-venomous snake                    
  • Can squeeze in very tight places   
  • Not good for a pet                          
  • Grows 60-70 cm long                     
  • Easily gets anxious                         
  • Danger to humans: 2 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment