Monday, April 29, 2019

Yellow-Lipped Sea Krait

I was simply and merrily swimming in the sea on our trip to Ora Beach, that is, until my mom said, "Ki, there's a snake in the water!"  "AAAAHHHHH!!!!" I shrieked. "I'm getting out of here!" So I climbed on to the boat. So did my mom a few minutes later. Then I asked her to describe the snake. She said that it was blue with black stripes. Wait a minute..... That was the yellow-lipped sea krait, the most poisonous snake in the world!
My (sadly inaccurate) drawing of a yellow lipped sea krait



 The yellow lipped sea krait is the most venomous snake in the world. Not to worry though, they are really shy, just like the bush snake, and only bite when disturbed.
 Yellow lipped sea kraits live in the waters surrounding Indonesia, Philippines, and in the . southern part of Malaysia. They usually hide under corals.
  The average length of a male is 875 mm, while the female is usually 1,420 mm long.
  The yellow-lipped sea krait's normal diet are small fish and eels. They usually hunt alone.
  Note: Pictures are from Wikipedia.
  








No comments:

Post a Comment